Perhaps one of the biggest benefits of homeschooling is in Your Child’s Achievements
There are many reasons why more and more parents choose home schooling instead of the traditional schools; the benefit of home schooling is when your child is able to succeed in life and you know you had a little bit to do with those achievements.
Home schooling is legal in the US, even if there have been and still are many controversies on the issue of whether or not the child is benefiting from this procedure; this issue if still being debated and even a banning of this practice may be applied if enough evidence is found that children do not actually benefit from it.
Parents, for many reasons, are taking up home schooling, some of which are:
- Having mentally or physically challenged children who cannot attend normal school anyway and parents refuse to send them to special designed schools.
- Parents entertain the idea of having direct supervision on what the child is studying first hand.
- Overall safety of the child at all times
- Single parent who works at home sometimes finds it convenient to take up the child’s education as well.
The one greatest benefit of home schooling, which every parent will agree with, is the achievements of one’s child; when you realize that your efforts and teaching have finally paid off. However, there are a few other benefits of home schooling worth mentioning and they are:
- The bonding between parent and child that some parents lose when the child goes away to school
- The teaching and leaning experience with your child every day
- The results for which you are directly to praise or blame
While the benefit of home schooling may be overwhelming and worth the trouble there are also some disadvantages to take in consideration:
- The child missing on interacting with kids his/her own age which is probably one of the main disadvantages of home schooling
- Parents overdoing the teacher’s role by either being too strict or by being too lenient
- Parent not having any academic knowledge or teaching ability
Those who have already chosen home schooling for their family, will have to do the best they can and trust that they will reap the benefit of home schooling in the end; for those who are still debating about it, must make sure to take all angles in consideration before making the choice. The benefit of home schooling that you are hoping for may not turn out to be what you thought in the end, leaving both you and your child with a lifetime scar.