Everything seems to be available over the Internet – you name it and it’s there; Internet home schooling is no exception. However, is Internet home schooling right for everyone? What are the advantages?
Internet Home Schooling
This is a task that brings great responsibility upon the parent and child alike; Internet home schooling can be done from home, not requiring physical presence of the child in a school or any other institution. Here are a few things one will need to consider when choosing Internet home schooling:
- Parents need to supervise the child even if they don’t have to teach the subjects.
- The child is basically following his/her own schedule so parents need to step in and draw some studying hours which need to be followed everyday.
- The responsibility of finishing a task/home work needs to be verified by the parents.
- Parents need to dedicate much more time to the child and his/her activities, as they are not having any social life or interaction with children that they would have normally have in school.
Home schooling can be tough, as the pressure is directly on the parents as far as the child’s [tag-ice]education[/tag-ice]; however, [tag-tec]Internet[/tag-tec] home schooling is a better choice if you don’t think you will do justice in providing quality teachings to your child.
Benefits of Internet Home Schooling
Here are some benefits of Internet [tag-self]home schooling[/tag-self] over parent home schooling:
- The child will be exposed to actual teachers with academic background and experience in teaching over the internet
- The child interacts with children his/her own age and will be able to create a social life besides the one available in the home
- Parents can get help with the child’s home schooling from teachers and other parents in similar situations
- Internet home schooling has a number of activities that will help you and your child cope with home schooling and achieve the best results
Home schooling is a great responsibility and while some have done a great job and have children who are grateful for the decision, others can make huge mistakes that will reflect on the child later in his/her life.
Make such decisions carefully and only after considering all risks and available options; of course all parents want what is best for their children but sometimes it doesn’t work out that way. Sometimes doing everything yourself in order to do it right is not the right choice and sometimes that is the only choice. No one else but a parent can make that decision.